Edith Vos.

"Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love." ~Blessed Assurance

We sang this song today as we laid my Grandma, Edith Vos, to rest. 
What a magnificent woman of God she was.  I am so thankful that I got to be a part of her life.
While it was bittersweet to say good-bye to her on Mother's Day weekend, it was also so wonderful to be able to celebrate the life of a inspirational woman who was an amazing example of Christ's love on a daily basis. 
She never sweat the small stuff and she always gave the large stuff to God - I believe her exact words were, "Get on your knees, pray about it then forget about it." Good words to live by.  She did not live a life without trials but she never let them break her spirit, she knew there was Someone bigger who was in control. 
Her laughter was contagious and she always had a great sense of humor...which was passed along to my father...and then to me (if I may say so myself).  

Nana, thank you for all that you brought to so many many lives around you - your compassion, selflessness and kindness did not go unrecognized.
Thank you for the man you raised my Dad to be- a Godly, humble, loving, hard-working, wise man of God. I am so thankful for him and everything that he is.

While I could go on and on about all the wonderful qualities that my Nana possessed, like the love of chocolate and all things sweet that she passed down to me (which my waist does not thank her for!) I will end it here for now.  She was such a loved woman and she touched the lives of many.
Nana, as I write this I miss you already but I know that you are celebrating in Heaven with your Creator.  Your earthly pain is gone and you have been made new, just like the Lord has promised. 

I love you. 


Comments

  1. Blessed Assurance is stuck in my head now, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. She would LOVE it. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this Candice. What a wonderful tribute to a sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One of "those"days.

Change.

Dance in the Rain.