Beautiful Things.

"All this pain..
I wonder if I'll ever find my way.
I wonder if my life could really change, at all.
All this earth..
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground, at all?
...You make beautiful things out of  us."  ~ Beautiful Things - Gungor

I don't know if you have ever heard that song, but it is one of my favorites. 
While listening to K-Love a while back I heard the lead singer talking about the meaning behind this song.  Tears came to my eyes when I heard him explain how his wife wrote this song in the midst of struggling with infertility. 
He said that not only was she going through this pain, but she had noticed that there were a lot of people in their church and community who were going through times of trial as well. 

"This song is an expression of hope that God will make beautiful things out of the dust in our lives, and God will somehow use us, use our obedience and love, our feeble human effort, and build Himself a kingdom. I see that God is using suffering to bring us closer to Him."

I know what you are thinking, and no, Gungor is not paying me to write this post. 
This song has just touched my heart so much and I wanted to share it with you. 
While I am still trying to turn around the horrible attitude I started out with today, I need to remind myself that even through the midst of all this "suckiness" - He is making me new, I really do believe that. 

Enjoy.






Comments

  1. I LOVE that song :) Thanks for sharing the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One of "those"days.

Change.

Dance in the Rain.