One of "those"days.

Have you ever had one of "those days"?  
We all have. If you say haven't, you're lying, and lying isn't cool. 

Being on Clomid can induce "those days" a lot more often (for those of you who don't know what Clomid is - it is a fertility drug...pills, hormones, ovaries, eggs, etc - you get the point.)
Anyway, I thought I would illustrate what one of these days can look like...while most are not as dramatic as this one - I just wanted to get the point across.

I may or may not have had a day like the one illustrated below...


It starts out all fine and dandy. Although you feel like there may be something lurking in the corner of your subconscious, you ignore it and begin your day.
The world is your oyster. Life is great! 

Then...something happens. It can be big, it can be small.
Maybe it is an annoying co-worker who likes to chew loudly in your presence, maybe a grumpy client you have to deal with, perhaps a bad hair day...whatever it is- it is manageable and you can move past it.

Your day goes on...
Maybe your co-workers decide to order lunch, or you get some take-out at home. 
Oh, what's that you say? They forgot my fries? My burger is covered in onions, when I specifically said I didn't want them?

It has been unleashed. 

It's irrational - you are aware of this but you don't care. It's too late for reasoning. 
Soon that anger turns to tears...lots of tears, and it is way too dramatic. You end up saying things that are dumb and untrue. 


Thankfully, this does not last long. The tears have been shed and you already start to feel better. 
Maybe life isn't so bad? Maybe I don't need to be Beyonce? I did have some great stuff happen to me today and I have plenty to be thankful for! 
Wow, don't you feel better now? What's that? There is a candy bar hiding in the cabinet? Wow, this day has gotten so much better again!
Ah, all is well. 

Well, there ya have it, folks. 
Yes, infertility is a serious thing and should not always be taken lightly, but let's be honest...we all need to be able to make fun of ourselves sometimes! After-all, Laughter IS the best medicine, right? 
No, you don't always find a surprise candy bar BUT life goes on.

Disclaimer: I have never actually thrown any kind of chair. This was just a dramatization.


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh. This is amazing.

    By the way, I have days like that on a regular basis...not on meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linz, I wish that I could say it was just the pills that made me like this...it is not. Just ask Will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, that made me laugh out loud. Candice, I think you missed your calling as an illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my new favorite blog. You're so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading your comments all at once makes me feel like I'm sitting in the cafeteria with you guys stretching before Poms. I don't normally look back at my teenage years with much fondness but this makes me smile. You guys are an awesome bunch of girls!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The moral to this story is always, always, always have chocolate of all kinds! Candy bars, dipped strawberries, ice cream, ore's! haha! Have plenty! ....because that is just how it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for writing this down Candice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change.

Dance in the Rain.