Glorious Unfolding.

A few weeks ago I was feeling quite discouraged and just down about some things, while at work.  
I don't know about you, but I know that I tend to get caught up in the "whys" of things instead of the "whats" (what can I learn? what can I do to glorify You through this?") This was one of those "why" days. 
So I decided to get in my car to get lunch and some fresh air. I drove with the radio silent most of the way but finally decided to turn on the radio and this is what I heard at that moment. 


"There’s so much of the story that’s still yet to unfold

And this is going to be a glorious unfolding
Just you wait and see and you will be amazed
You’ve just got to believe the story is so far from over
So hold on to every promise God has made to us
And watch this glorious unfolding." ~  Glorious Unfolding - Steven Curtis Chapman


Wow, was that just what I needed to hear at that exact moment.  It filled my heart with such peace and gratefulness that God had used that exact timing and chorus to speak to me.  It still makes me smile just thinking about it. 
The thing is, I think God uses many things to speak to us but for the most part we don't tune ourselves to hear it, or see it.  I've been trying to slow down, listen, look and feel what God is doing in my life.  It's amazing what you will see when you just slow down, listen and embrace.

So yesterday, when I was feeling quite down in the dumps and just plain sad I kept asking God for some encouragement.  I would pray "please send some encouragement, unsolicited encouragement from some one or some thing. Please, I really could use it today."  
As the day went on, I kept praying that prayer, wondering if God would answer that request in my own timing, but trusting that He definitely heard me.  
When I got in my car to head home from work, I still had not felt that encouragement that I so desperately needed, and I prayed "please, Lord, please send some encouragement."  And in the back of my head I would hear "the day isn't over yet..." 
I picked up Liam from my mom's house and got in the car, admittedly, losing a little bit of hope for my request...when my phone went off ~ a text message from my sister Kimmy, who has been in Nashville all week.  It was a video, that at first I didn't really think much of...until I hit play. 
It was Steven Curtis Chapman singing "Glorious Unfolding" live. 
Goosebumps.
She had no idea I was having a bad day, she had no idea that was just what I needed to hear...but God did.  
I texted her back and said "You have NO idea how much I needed this today. I was praying all day for encouragement. When I hit play I just burst into tears. Thank you." 
She told me that she recorded while watching him perform and was going to send it to me two days ago...but forgot.  
Wow, God is good, folks.  Even in the little things.  So good. 

It was really cool when I heard it the first time, a few weeks back...but it was even cooler when I heard it yesterday.  I felt God talking to me, and reminding me of His promises, using the same words He used to reassure me before.  
He never ceases to amaze silly old me and I am so happy about that.

I challenge you to slow down and listen for God. He's calling you, He's talking to you and He's giving you daily reminders of His goodness.  

And sometimes, all you have to do is ask.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of "those"days.

Change.

Dance in the Rain.